BalancingLifeAsAMom.com is all about helping you live healthy, lose the baby weight, keep organized, and learn the best parenting and relationship tips to keep you stress free and living your happiest life.
Becoming a mom is one of the most amazing and life changing events that can happen to you. The joy and wonder you will see in your child’s eyes with each new experience makes you take a fresh look at life all over again. The unexpected hugs, kisses and unprompted “I love you’s” will make even the toughest day manageable and will easily convince you that becoming a mom was the best decision you ever made. Your heart expands beyond what you knew it could do. It’s not a feeling that you can describe, and it’s not a feeling I’ve gotten any other way.
But motherhood is not all smiles and cuddles.
There’s plenty of stress, frustration, sleepless nights, guilt over what you feel you should or shouldn’t have done, mistakes and learning. And as much as you love your expanding family, there will be plenty of times that you miss your former life.
You’ll miss the freedom to just go out with your friends for an impromptu dinner or drinks. You’ll miss the freedom to have a quiet evening in with your spouse, or a more formal and fancy night out on the town. Even the chance to watch a movie uninterrupted, fit in a lengthy workout, cook a healthy gourmet meal from scratch, or take an hour to pamper yourself at home with a bath, book, and a glass of wine. You’ll miss your pre-pregnancy body and might be dismayed every time you go into your closet and just don’t feel comfortable in your clothes. And most of all you’ll miss sleep, you’ll be looking for the energy and time to get everything done, and you’ll miss the free time to just do what makes you happy.
At least I know that’s what I missed. And I figure I’m not alone in that.
But I’m here to tell you that you can get all that back! Now with my son almost 3 years of age and a new little girl on the way, I’ve figured out how to manage the chaos that can come with parenting. My life isn’t perfect in any way, but as a family we are always on top of the basics: dishes, house cleaning, staying organized, laundry, meal preparation and cooking from scratch, eating healthy, exercise, and finding time to spend together as a family. As for me personally, time with my son and husband take priority, but yet I’ve still managed to indulge in my passions and keep plenty of “me” time, including losing the weight from my first baby, working a job outside the home, building an online business, and keeping our lives as stress-free and fun as possible.
As moms, we work harder each and every day than many other people in our lives. I’ve always dreamed of having a family life that was full of fun adventures, healthy habits, and the joy of simply being together with each other to create some amazing and lasting memories. It was the life I dreamed of, the life I desired, and after all the hard work I’ve done, the life I felt I deserved.
You also deserve to have the life you’ve dreamed of.
You’ve worked hard, are raising an amazing new person, and you have earned the right to give them the best family life and opportunities that you can. And that can only happen if you are living your best life –
- If you are at a weight that allows you to have the energy, health, and stamina to keep up with your children
- If your home is organized and all your tasks are streamlined so the day-to-day necessities basically run without thought
- If you can prioritize your time to make sure that you have plenty of it available to spend on the most important things – your children and your spouse.
I can help show you how. I’ve been through the trenches of the first few years and have learned so much that can make your parenting journey more enjoyable. Sign up below to learn more.
In case you wanted to know more about me personally:
- I have a fantastic husband, Rob, and we’ve been together since 2009, married since 2014.
- My son Matthew joined us in 2016. He’s been the main motivating factor behind this site. He’s the one who threw me into the unknown, but has made my life so much richer than I ever knew it could be.
- My daughter Emma made her appearance in 2019. She has stolen my heart in an entirely new way – that only a little girl can. I’m already dreaming of girls days together with her!
- I grew up in the mid-west and will always have a special place in my heart for my home state of Michigan. Maine is my new home and I’ve learned that New England is a pretty fantastic place to live as well!
- I’m an optometrist by day, and have been helping people see better and keep their eyes healthy since 2008.
- I’ve struggled with my weight since I was a young child. I was the fat, nerdy girl and never seemed to possess the genetics or willpower to make a lasting change. It wasn’t until after Emma was born that I found a realistic and sustainable way to get the body I’ve always wanted, without killing myself spending hours exercising or restricting the foods I loved. (Want to know more? Check out my Post-Pregnancy Weight Loss series.)
- I was also the most unorganized child you could imagine. I had to keep EVERYTHING. But one day I had enough and changed my habits forever. It was a drastic overhaul, but honestly one of the best things that I could have ever done. Life is so much more enjoyable when you aren’t constantly searching for things or stressed out about the physical clutter weighing you down.
If you want to get ahold of me, feel free to use the Contact Page, or you can find me on Facebook or Instagram. Also feel free to sign up below to stay in touch with everything going on in the blog. You’ll get regular updates to help you live the life you dream of – the life that you and your family deserve. Plus you’ll get a free gift just for signing up!